Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beauty Redefined

This girl is the true definition of beauty. She is pretty no doubt, those blue eyes stop people dead in their tracks, but what is truly unique is the way her personality shines. You can see on her face she is living in the moment, smiling, laughing, absorbing everything around her. She is very assertive, smart and aware. I adore the way she is so outgoing and full of life.



Her auntie calls her a wild little indian because she is always seeking a thrill. She loves to be bounced (roughly) hung upside down, swung around, tickled, jiggled, and startled. She tends to be a bit bossy about it too. Once you start she'll expect you to keep going!

If you're next to her she wants to be tucked in close and in your personal space. She likes it when I grab her head with both hands and kiss her face all over. There's no resistance as if she wants me to do it again. I love it when she's sitting on my stomach, facing me, she leans forward, folds in half, and snuggles into my chest to suck her thumb. It's like she's the same little ball she was in when I was pregnant.



She loves to laugh and be laughed at. She'll babble something then scrunch her nose and giggle. I giggle with her and she giggles even more.



Brekka is sleeping though the night now. The first step was to detach her co-sleeper from my bed and move it over to the wall. Ugg, I cried a little the fist time I rolled over and saw (felt) the empty space there by my bed. The next step was letting her sleep in her crib. The first night in her room she cried, but not longer than about five minutes before we gave in. The strategy was to have Daddy pat her and hold her for a bit. Thankfully this worked and after a few nights she didn't wake up at all. Pathetically I thought I would rather wake up all night and have her by me. But, this was best for her so I had to do it!



She has two teeth on the verge of breaking through. You can just see them under a small layer of gums. I love those gums and the way she bites together and sucks air through them just to make a funny noise and laugh at it. :)



We went through about three weeks of fussiness before Brakka learned to sit up. She was stuck on her stomach yelling out in misery and boredom. (Her brothers put pillows on either side of her to keep her from crying at them to roll her back over.) We had to hold her the majority of the time, and we'd catch hell if we tried to set her down. She's a new baby now that she can sit and play on her own. She rolls from front to back as well. Gone are the days of leaving her on the bed or couch.



She LOVES anything new, the outdoors, rides in the car, music and crowds of people. Combine the last two and she is supercharged. This girl loves a party.



She views her brothers as modes of transportation.

She can't resist sucking her thumb if there's something soft to hold on to. Her favorite is a fleece blanket. One time she settled for a napkin, squished it against her cheek put the thumb in.



She really likes solid food now and downs a jar at a time. (Her first favorites were bananas and potatoes.) She's even started taking a bottle a bit, thanks to the help of her Daddy who keeps sneaking apple juice into her formula. Grandma Wright was able to put her to bed for the first time last week. She was sound asleep when I got home, and I just had to rock her and hold her for awhile. I wanted her to know I was there and I missed her. (heart aching) Earlier that night she had been calling out for me, "Ma ma ma ma mom.." Somehow at 8 months, without a doubt, she's figured out how to say "ma ma" when she wants me. She also says "Da da da da" but we don't know for sure if this means Darrell or not. Maybe because I'm constantly correcting her, "No, not da da. It's ma ma ma. " ;)


LOVE THIS BABY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment