Sunday, October 17, 2010

The time I get to spend feeding Brekka is truly special. I don't know if I can fully describe this bond I feel but I'll try... I don't ever want to forget these things over time.

I love looking at Brekka's sweet face as she gulp, gulp, gulps. I love the touch of her tiny hands grasping at my side and the front of my shirt. I love the feeling of her warm body curled around my waist. I love the way she looks up at me and smiles. I love the feeling that I am providing for her, nourishing her and in a way giving her life. I love being able to get her to stop crying as she settles in with peace and contentment. I even love the way she throws her head forward and attacks that boob when she's especially hungry. And when she's finished, I love the way she looks, drunk on milk, wobbly, fat and happy. Then, we get to cuddle...


No comments:

Post a Comment