Wednesday, December 15, 2010

happy talk

Brekka has such a sweet, social spirit. Every day I am amazed at how expressive she is. There is no doubt in my mind she is extremely intelligent and bursting with thoughts. She observes every little thing happening in the room. She knows familiar faces, and places. When I look at her face, I can almost hear what she's thinking through her smiles, her expressive eyebrows and shiny eyes.
Oh but she is far from silent. We get such a kick out of listening to her constant chatter. At times Brekka can sound so matter of fact, it almost seems rude not to reply with a "Yes I agree.." There have even been times when I swear she's said something and cracked herself up.
Brekka tries to tell us when she needs something, and will only cry as a last resort if we don't understand what she's saying. There is a special yell/cry she does when she's in a room by herself. If I could translate I think it would mean something like, "HEEEY! I'm all by myself over here!!! HEEY!" Her favorite words to say are "Agooo" and "Ungeea." I really wish I knew what these words mean as she says them quite often.
Sometimes Brekka will be nursing, stop, look up at me, say a few "words," pause to think, smile and then go right back to eating... as if she had a thought and just had to share it.
The other morning I was slowly coming out of a deep sleep, realizing I had been listening to a noise and didn't know where it was coming from. Finally I woke up enough to see it was Brekka just talking away. I rolled over to look at her, she looked right at me and grinned. Luckily I had the camera there so I could catch her in the act. Now this is my idea of an alarm clock! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment