Thursday, December 16, 2010

so sorry

Not every day can be completely blissful. Some days are off days. Brekka can be cranky, I can be tired and things just don't seem to go right. (Life tends to do that to you at times.) We had a day like that awhile ago. I was getting Brekka dressed. She was fussing and crying, not wanting to be confined in clothes. I was trying to hurry because she was hungry and ready for a nap. Now I didn't have a grumpy attitude what so ever. I even had a smile on my face because I love her fiesty little cry. As I picked her up and turned her around to pull her pants up she lost balance. Somehow while readjusting my grip I scratched her little gums. I felt it, and instantly turned her around to see if I hurt her when she started crying, even louder than before! Then to my horror I saw her top gum was BLEEDING and filling her lip. Oh my goodness my heart dropped as I hugged and kissed her. I sank to my knees, put her on the floor and tried to see where I had cut her, but I couldn't find the spot. To my relief her gum stopped bleeding and she settled down after a minute or two.
I fed her (feeling like the worst mom in the world) and when she was finished she looked up at me, put her tiny hand on mine, said a couple "words," then buried her face in my arm and fell asleep. (no exaggeration) I thought to myself, "Of course, she forgives me and loves me just the same. She is a sweet little angel and I don't deserve her." I took pictures of her that day because for some reason I felt the need to capture the moment. I also felt I should blog about it as if I needed to make a confession! I'm sure this wont be our last off day. Luckily they are few and far between, and I will happily go through them with her. Hopefully she'll be happy to go through them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment