Tuesday, December 14, 2010

momma's girl

Isn't this a darling old fashioned picture of Brekka? Hee hee it's not Brekka it's ME! I was surprised when I came across this picture and realized how much we look alike. I must have been about four months old.


Not only do we look alike.. we can't stand being away from each other. As I've said before, long naps or a night out will always leave me "jonesing" for her. And just recently Brekka has decided being with mommy is the only way to go. She cries if we're in a store and people try to talk to her, or if she can't see me for more than a minute. It's terrible but I can't help but LOVE it. I think to myself, "Ohh are those big, awful strangers scaring you? Well your mommy is right here.. (big grin). Then last night Grandma Wright was babysitting while Darrell and I went on a date. About twenty minutes after we left, Grandma called and said Brekka had been crying really hard the whole time and wouldn't stop. We headed home, and as soon as I held her she quieted down. Ok, ok I realize it isn't exactly healthy for her to have this separation anxiety, but I right now I'm selfishly enjoying it! Maybe later it will become more of an issue but for now I think this codependency we're sharing is perfect! :)

Ok now this picture really is of Brekka. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment