Thursday, November 18, 2010

just to see you smile..

Just recently Brekka has started to show an affinity towards her mommy! Her first smile was for her daddy, but now she seems to have a smile that never ends for her mommy.
Almost every time she sees me, her face lites up with a smile unique to all others. When she hears my voice she'll start to smile before she even sees me. If I smile at her when she's crying she can't resist giving a smile back. Just tonight she was crying with tummy pains. I smiled and talked to her, thinking if I had a sad look on my face that would only make her feel worse, and she smiled back even through her tears. My absolute FAVORITE thing is when I look over at her, and she's already looking at me with a precious smile on her shiny face. My immediate reaction is to smother her with kisses! When someone else is holding her and I come close she'll smile and lean over for me to take her. As many times as she's smiled at me, I've smiled at her a thousand times more!
I do realize that her adoration for me has a lot to do with the fact that mommy means grub. But I'm pretty sure there is more to it than that. One day she'll probably be a daddy's girl, and someday she'll care more about friends and BOYS. But for now her mommy is her world and I am going to absorb every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment