Tuesday, November 23, 2010

the good and the not so bad.

Have you ever hugged someone and felt a loving warmth spread through your whole body? Sometimes I feel like Brekka is a drug I've been without. When I hold her close I feel a strange familiarity, like I've held her time and time before. These feelings are even stronger after a long nap or restful night. I am just itching for her to wake up. When she does, she sees me and smiles. I snatch her up and squeeze her tight. Then I get that rush of love and peace that warms my soul.. FINALLY I'm holding her again.
Now most of the time our days are filled with peace and contentment, but sometimes Brekka can be a real stinker and I don't feel so much warmth! Lately she thinks is fun to stop mid-feeding and just look around and talk. If I try to pull her close, and encourage her to finish eating, she gives me the stiff arm and screeches at me. About five or ten minutes later she starts yelling at me again because she wants to eat, and it has to be RIGHT NOW! Then she latches on like she's been starving for days. I used to think she was having tummy pains or something, but now I've come to realize she wants to eat when SHE wants to eat. It has to be her idea and on her time frame! Sounds like somebody else I know...
There is a stark contrast between these two scenarios, but the truth is I will take Brekka any way I can get her. She can treat me any way she wants to and I'll love her the same. Just look at this mischievous look on her face.. she's definitely up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment