Monday, November 8, 2010

good morning merry miss sunshine!

My absolute favorite time of day with Brekka is the morning. As I get the boys ready for school, I hear her waking up, calling out "Agoooo" from our room. I walk down the hall with a smile on my face, a skip in my step, thinking what a lucky girl I am. "Good morning sweetheart!" I say as I pick her up, snuggle my face into her neck and breathe her in. How does she smell so good? Her head smells like a perfect combination of cotton candy and angel kisses. Even her toes smell sweet! Her body is so warm and cozy. Her hair disheveled, bow hanging cooked. Her eyes are still sleepy, eyelashes drooping. When she sees me her face lights up. Then we talk, we smile, we sing songs and plan our day. It's impossible to have a bad day that begins like this. And I bet if she could tell you, Brekka would say it's her favorite time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment